Here are some other web sites with useful information on African languages and linguistics:
Links to sites with many links:
African Languages on the Internet http://www-sul.stanford.edu/depts/ssrg/africa/lang.html
- World Congress on African Linguistics – held every three years. WOCAL 11 will be held Aug 5-9, 2024 in Nairobi, Kenya..
- Colloquium on African Languages and Linguistics (CALL), held every year at Leiden University at the end of August, this year 28 August – 30 August 2023.
- International Conference on Bantu Languages – usually held every 2 years. Bantu 8 was held online 2-4 June 2021.
- JALL (Journal of African Languages and Linguistics)
- JWAL (Journal of West African Languages) – freely downloadable articles
- SAL (Studies in African Linguistics) – freely downloadable articles
- Africana Linguistica– special focus on Bantu
- Nordic Journal of African Studies – linguistic and non-linguistic articles
- Journal Mandenkan – Mande studies, free downloadable articles
- Linguistique et Langues Africaines
A preprint server for papers and books dealing with Africa
The AfricArXiv is a place to put your preprints for broader access. Find “Linguistics” and sub-topics under “Social and Behavioral Sciences.” https://osf.io/preprints/africarxiv/discover?subject=bepress|
- African phonemes and alphabets – http://sumale.vjf.cnrs.fr/phono/PhonologieN.php
- CBOLD (Comparative Bantu Online Dictionary) – http://www.cbold.ish-lyon.cnrs.fr/
- Roger Blench’s page http://rogerblench.academia.edu/RogerBlench
- PHOIBLE phonological inventory data http://phoible.org/
- WALS (World Atlas of Linguistic Structures) online http://wals.info/
- The WALS Sunburst Explorer http://th-mayer.de/wals/